Defence recruitment scam accused in CBI custody
Mumbai: A special CBI court today remanded
two persons including an administrative officer in the Western
Naval Command here to CBI custody till October 6 in connection
with a recruitment racket.
CBI had yesterday arrested four persons, including two
naval officers, for allegedly leaking the question paper of
Lower Division recruitment examination to over 130 candidates.
The accused are R C Naik and D S Murthi - both
administrative officers in Western and Eastern Naval Commands
respectively, Rambhir Singh Rawat - a former sailor and owner
of Manasa International Defence recruitment agency in
Vishakapatnam and Hyderabad based teacher Hoshiyar Singh.
While Naik and Hoshiyar have been remanded to CBI custody
till October 6, the other two accused - Rawat and Murthi were
sent to judicial custody till tomorrow after they complained
of torture by CBI officials.
Rawat and Murthi told the court they were beaten by CBI
officials last night. "They boxed me in my eyes and neck and
back. They did not take me to a doctor also," Rawat said.
Special CBI Judge S P Tavade directed that the duo to be
taken to St George`s hospital for medical examination and be
produced before the court tomorrow.
"Naik had gone to the examination board office in Pune,
which sets the paper. Once there he copied the question paper
in his pen drive and then gave it to Rawat. We need to find
out if other members of the board are also involved in the
racket," CBI counsel Suresh Badami told the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Check uaresults.nic.in for Uttarakhand Board Class 12 result 2015