Defiant BJP insistent on PM’s resignation
New Delhi: A day after it staged a much criticized walkout from a Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) meeting on the coal scam impasse here, a defiant Bharatiya Janata Party justified the move, and again demanded Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s resignation.
Senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi said they walked out because Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh and Finance Minister P. Chidambaram were not called for the investigations.
The BJP also alleged the use of “foul and unparliamentary language” by some Congress members.
"This is because of the misbehaviour of the Congress people. Their desire to stall the investigations, their refusal to call certain members," Joshi told media here on Thursday.
Reports in the media suggested that the BJP lawmakers are likely to quit from the Lower House, along with all parliamentary committees.
Reacting to this, lawmaker and BJP member Chandreshwar Prasad Thakur said the party is yet to take a decision on resigning from the House.
“We have not decided anything, we will decide in today`s meeting. The overwhelming view is that everybody is fed-up of too much corruption, therefore, they don`t like that the government is shielding, the government is not mending its ways,” Thakur said.
BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar reiterated his party`s demand that the Prime Minister resign.
"We are demanding the resignation of the Prime Minister for his involvement in corruption and the dismissal of the government for looting the country," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31