Defiant BJP insistent on PM’s resignation
New Delhi: A day after it staged a much criticized walkout from a Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) meeting on the coal scam impasse here, a defiant Bharatiya Janata Party justified the move, and again demanded Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s resignation.
Senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi said they walked out because Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh and Finance Minister P. Chidambaram were not called for the investigations.
The BJP also alleged the use of “foul and unparliamentary language” by some Congress members.
"This is because of the misbehaviour of the Congress people. Their desire to stall the investigations, their refusal to call certain members," Joshi told media here on Thursday.
Reports in the media suggested that the BJP lawmakers are likely to quit from the Lower House, along with all parliamentary committees.
Reacting to this, lawmaker and BJP member Chandreshwar Prasad Thakur said the party is yet to take a decision on resigning from the House.
“We have not decided anything, we will decide in today`s meeting. The overwhelming view is that everybody is fed-up of too much corruption, therefore, they don`t like that the government is shielding, the government is not mending its ways,” Thakur said.
BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar reiterated his party`s demand that the Prime Minister resign.
"We are demanding the resignation of the Prime Minister for his involvement in corruption and the dismissal of the government for looting the country," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India