Defiant BJP insistent on PM’s resignation
New Delhi: A day after it staged a much criticized walkout from a Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) meeting on the coal scam impasse here, a defiant Bharatiya Janata Party justified the move, and again demanded Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s resignation.
Senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi said they walked out because Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh and Finance Minister P. Chidambaram were not called for the investigations.
The BJP also alleged the use of “foul and unparliamentary language” by some Congress members.
"This is because of the misbehaviour of the Congress people. Their desire to stall the investigations, their refusal to call certain members," Joshi told media here on Thursday.
Reports in the media suggested that the BJP lawmakers are likely to quit from the Lower House, along with all parliamentary committees.
Reacting to this, lawmaker and BJP member Chandreshwar Prasad Thakur said the party is yet to take a decision on resigning from the House.
“We have not decided anything, we will decide in today`s meeting. The overwhelming view is that everybody is fed-up of too much corruption, therefore, they don`t like that the government is shielding, the government is not mending its ways,” Thakur said.
BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar reiterated his party`s demand that the Prime Minister resign.
"We are demanding the resignation of the Prime Minister for his involvement in corruption and the dismissal of the government for looting the country," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Donald Trump's speech at Cleveland offered fear, anger but no solutions: Hillary Clinton
- Significance of celebrating Sankashti Chaturthi!
- Adele plants kiss on fan's lips
- Woman arrested for senior citizen's murder in east Delhi
- 'White House under George Bush was against denying visa to Narendra Modi'