Del-Mum Kingfisher flight makes emergency landing
New Delhi: A Mumbai bound Kingfisher flight with 118 passengers and eight crew members onboard on Saturday, made an emergency landing after an alarm went off soon after takeoff.
Kingfisher flight IT 304 took off from the IGI airport at around 8:50 am for Mumbai.
"But the pilot of the aircraft asked for emergency land soon after takeoff," airport sources said, adding the plane landed at 9.08 am.
A Kingfisher spokesperson said that keeping the safety of passengers in mind, the pilot decided to return as he received an alert from some system as soon as the flight took off.
"The aircraft landed safely and taxied on its own to the parking bay. Arrangements are being made for a separate plane to carry the passengers to their destination," thespokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren