Del-Mum Kingfisher flight makes emergency landing
New Delhi: A Mumbai bound Kingfisher flight with 118 passengers and eight crew members onboard on Saturday, made an emergency landing after an alarm went off soon after takeoff.
Kingfisher flight IT 304 took off from the IGI airport at around 8:50 am for Mumbai.
"But the pilot of the aircraft asked for emergency land soon after takeoff," airport sources said, adding the plane landed at 9.08 am.
A Kingfisher spokesperson said that keeping the safety of passengers in mind, the pilot decided to return as he received an alert from some system as soon as the flight took off.
"The aircraft landed safely and taxied on its own to the parking bay. Arrangements are being made for a separate plane to carry the passengers to their destination," thespokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers