Del-Mum Kingfisher flight makes emergency landing
New Delhi: A Mumbai bound Kingfisher flight with 118 passengers and eight crew members onboard on Saturday, made an emergency landing after an alarm went off soon after takeoff.
Kingfisher flight IT 304 took off from the IGI airport at around 8:50 am for Mumbai.
"But the pilot of the aircraft asked for emergency land soon after takeoff," airport sources said, adding the plane landed at 9.08 am.
A Kingfisher spokesperson said that keeping the safety of passengers in mind, the pilot decided to return as he received an alert from some system as soon as the flight took off.
"The aircraft landed safely and taxied on its own to the parking bay. Arrangements are being made for a separate plane to carry the passengers to their destination," thespokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Centuries-old fair symbolising maize blossom begins in Himachal
- 2016 Olympics: Russia escape blanket ban, but IOC bars whistle-blower from Rio Games
- Pakistan Daily calls Nawaz Sharif's statement on Kashmir 'wishful thinking and unrealistic'
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Record fifth win sends Lewis Hamilton top
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games