Del-Mum Kingfisher flight makes emergency landing
New Delhi: A Mumbai bound Kingfisher flight with 118 passengers and eight crew members onboard on Saturday, made an emergency landing after an alarm went off soon after takeoff.
Kingfisher flight IT 304 took off from the IGI airport at around 8:50 am for Mumbai.
"But the pilot of the aircraft asked for emergency land soon after takeoff," airport sources said, adding the plane landed at 9.08 am.
A Kingfisher spokesperson said that keeping the safety of passengers in mind, the pilot decided to return as he received an alert from some system as soon as the flight took off.
"The aircraft landed safely and taxied on its own to the parking bay. Arrangements are being made for a separate plane to carry the passengers to their destination," thespokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok