Delays noticed in sanctioning proposals under MPLADS: Jena
New Delhi: The government on Tuesday said instances of delay have come to its notice in sanctioning of proposals under the Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS).
"Instances of delay in sanction come to the notice of the Ministry from time to time. The Ministry requests the concerned state government to look into the matter and take appropriate action," Minister of State (Independent) for Statistics and Programme Implementation Srikant Kumar Jena said in a written reply in Lok Sabha.
He said all recommended eligible works should be sanctioned within 75 days from the date of receipt of the recommendation, after completing all formalities.
"The district authority should, however, inform MPs regarding rejection, if any, within 45 days from the date of receipt of recommendations, with reasons thereof," he added.
As per the MPLADS guidelines, each MP recommends work up to his annual entitlement during the financial year to the concerned district authority.
The district authority under the state government gets the eligible sanctioned works executed in accordance with the state government`s financial, technical and administrative rules, the Minister said.
Under the MPLAD scheme, each MP has the choice to suggest to the District Collector for works to the tune of Rs 5 crore per annum to be taken up in his or her constituency.
The Member of Parliament from Rajya Sabha can recommend works in one or more districts in the state from where he or she has been elected.
The nominated MPs of both the Houses may select any one or more districts from any one state in the country for implementation of their choice of work under the scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000