Delete NCTC from President`s speech: Trinamool
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress, which is part
of the UPA government at the Centre, has tabled an amendment
to the President`s address to Parliament, on the NCTC issue,
which could end up as an embarassment for the ruling
Trinamool Chief Whip in the Lok Sabha Kalyan Banerjee
said today that the party has put up an "objection" to a para
in the President`s address which refers to the National
Counter Terrorism Centre (NCTC).
Normally, amendments to the President`s address are
tabled by Opposition parties and passage of such an amendment
will be considered a defeat for the government. However, at
the time of voting, a member can withdraw or not not press the
"We are completely against this NCTC. Our CM is against
his. In the meeting of the officials also, the state
government has said this and in the House also.
"In spite of states` objections, in the President`s speech
they have included NCTC, Therefore, we have put an objection
and putting an amendment," he said.
Banerjee said the party was very firm on the issue on
which there have been discussions in the organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter