Delete NCTC from President`s speech: Trinamool
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress, which is part
of the UPA government at the Centre, has tabled an amendment
to the President`s address to Parliament, on the NCTC issue,
which could end up as an embarassment for the ruling
Trinamool Chief Whip in the Lok Sabha Kalyan Banerjee
said today that the party has put up an "objection" to a para
in the President`s address which refers to the National
Counter Terrorism Centre (NCTC).
Normally, amendments to the President`s address are
tabled by Opposition parties and passage of such an amendment
will be considered a defeat for the government. However, at
the time of voting, a member can withdraw or not not press the
"We are completely against this NCTC. Our CM is against
his. In the meeting of the officials also, the state
government has said this and in the House also.
"In spite of states` objections, in the President`s speech
they have included NCTC, Therefore, we have put an objection
and putting an amendment," he said.
Banerjee said the party was very firm on the issue on
which there have been discussions in the organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack