Delete NCTC from President`s speech: Trinamool
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress, which is part
of the UPA government at the Centre, has tabled an amendment
to the President`s address to Parliament, on the NCTC issue,
which could end up as an embarassment for the ruling
Trinamool Chief Whip in the Lok Sabha Kalyan Banerjee
said today that the party has put up an "objection" to a para
in the President`s address which refers to the National
Counter Terrorism Centre (NCTC).
Normally, amendments to the President`s address are
tabled by Opposition parties and passage of such an amendment
will be considered a defeat for the government. However, at
the time of voting, a member can withdraw or not not press the
"We are completely against this NCTC. Our CM is against
his. In the meeting of the officials also, the state
government has said this and in the House also.
"In spite of states` objections, in the President`s speech
they have included NCTC, Therefore, we have put an objection
and putting an amendment," he said.
Banerjee said the party was very firm on the issue on
which there have been discussions in the organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video