Delete NCTC from President`s speech: Trinamool
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress, which is part
of the UPA government at the Centre, has tabled an amendment
to the President`s address to Parliament, on the NCTC issue,
which could end up as an embarassment for the ruling
Trinamool Chief Whip in the Lok Sabha Kalyan Banerjee
said today that the party has put up an "objection" to a para
in the President`s address which refers to the National
Counter Terrorism Centre (NCTC).
Normally, amendments to the President`s address are
tabled by Opposition parties and passage of such an amendment
will be considered a defeat for the government. However, at
the time of voting, a member can withdraw or not not press the
"We are completely against this NCTC. Our CM is against
his. In the meeting of the officials also, the state
government has said this and in the House also.
"In spite of states` objections, in the President`s speech
they have included NCTC, Therefore, we have put an objection
and putting an amendment," he said.
Banerjee said the party was very firm on the issue on
which there have been discussions in the organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis