Delhi BJP going all-out to make march to Parliament a success
New Delhi: The city unit of BJP has been
making all-out efforts to make the party`s `gherao` of
Parliament against price rise on April 21 a grand success.
As part of its nation-wide agitation to protest
spiralling prices of essential commodities, BJP has planned a
march to Parliament and a massive public rally for which the
party aims to mobilise around 10 lakh supporters.
The Central leadership of the party has already directed
all the state units to mobilise cadres in thousands for the
public meeting to be held at Ramlila grounds here which will
be followed by the march to Parliament.
"We are making all efforts to make the rally a grand
success as it would be the first rally in Delhi after Nitin
Gadkari became president of the party. We are in touch with
various traders` associations seeking their total support for
the rally," Delhi BJP president O P Kohli told reporters.
Kohli said all arrangements are being made to take proper
care for the stay of lakhs of party supporters who would be
coming from across the country.
He also appealed to the parents of the students not to
send their children to schools on that day so that they do not
face any inconvenience because of the rally.
Kohli said all district units of the party in Delhi have
been given specific tasks to mobilise people and make the
rally a success.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself