Delhi BJP going all-out to make march to Parliament a success
New Delhi: The city unit of BJP has been
making all-out efforts to make the party`s `gherao` of
Parliament against price rise on April 21 a grand success.
As part of its nation-wide agitation to protest
spiralling prices of essential commodities, BJP has planned a
march to Parliament and a massive public rally for which the
party aims to mobilise around 10 lakh supporters.
The Central leadership of the party has already directed
all the state units to mobilise cadres in thousands for the
public meeting to be held at Ramlila grounds here which will
be followed by the march to Parliament.
"We are making all efforts to make the rally a grand
success as it would be the first rally in Delhi after Nitin
Gadkari became president of the party. We are in touch with
various traders` associations seeking their total support for
the rally," Delhi BJP president O P Kohli told reporters.
Kohli said all arrangements are being made to take proper
care for the stay of lakhs of party supporters who would be
coming from across the country.
He also appealed to the parents of the students not to
send their children to schools on that day so that they do not
face any inconvenience because of the rally.
Kohli said all district units of the party in Delhi have
been given specific tasks to mobilise people and make the
rally a success.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Red Corridor to be redrawn - Know how many districts will be taken off Naxalite–Maoist insurgency list
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya for not disclosing assets
- Parliament video: Speaker forms 9-member probe panel, asks Bhagwant Mann not to attend House
- Impressed with Narendra Modi; India is in safe hands under his government - Praises by RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat
- ‘Wanted’ duo Salman Khan – Prabhudheva to team up again?