Delhi BJP pays tribute to Syama Prasad Mookerjee
New Delhi: Delhi BJP on Sunday paid tributes to Bharatiya Jana Sangh founder Shyama Prasad Mookerjee on his birth anniversary and organised a number of seminars on his life and work for the new generation of party workers.
Several top leaders of the BJP, including Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan and various party MPs, attended the seminars organised by the party at all 14 district units here.
Speaking on the occasion, Vardhan said: "Mookerjee must be smiling and blessing us since the people of India have given a clear mandate to the BJP. However, India of his dream would come true only when Kashmir issue is fully resolved."
BJP`s national vice president and Delhi BJP in-charge Prabhat Jha, who also attended the function, said that life and works of Mookerjee, who was born in 1901, would continue to act as inspiration for all nationalists and political workers of the country for ages to come.
"On this occasion, BJP organized seminars with a theme to introduce Dr Syama Prasad Mookerjee`s life and work to the new generation of party workers," BJP said in its press statement.
Besides them, BJP MPs Vijay Goel, Ramesh Bidhuri, Maheish Girri, Pravesh Verma, Manoj Tiwari and Meenakshi Lekhi also attended the seminars along with other senior party leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users