Delhi blast: Cops grill surrendered militants’ kin
Jammu/New Delhi: As investigators struggled
for a breakthrough five days after Delhi High Court blast, two
men considered close to surrendered militants were detained in
Kishtwar in Jammu and Kashmir from where an e-mail purportedly
sent by HuJi claiming responsibility was sent.
The number of people detained for questioning rose to 11
after Sadiq Ahmed and Abid Hussain, considered close to former
militants Irshad Ahmed and Farooq Ahmed were picked up. The
two former militants have alrady been detained.
The investigators probing the blast were vigorously
pursuing the email sent from Kishtwar and believed that the
other three emails claiming responsibility for last
Wednesday`s terror attack including the one purportedly sent
by the Indian Mujahideen(IM) were pranks.
"Two close persons of surrendered militants have been
picked up. They are under sustained interrogation after
zeroing in on them", a senior police officer said.
"Let us see what we get from them", he said. The
purported HuJI email has been sent from Kishtwar itself and
that is confirmed, he added.
Around 50 people from Kishtwar town, mostly students,
have so far been questioned in connection with the
Bangladesh-based terror outfit Harkat-ul-Jihad-Islami(HuJI)
email claiming responsibility for the blast.
Official sources in New Delhi said investigators have
brought the hard disks of the computers of the cyber cafe in
Kishtwar to Delhi for forensic examination to find out whether
the set time of any one of the computers was changed before
sending the email.
A particular youth who allegedly sent the email was
under the scanner, police said.
The call records of the youth were also being examined
to find out whether he had received or made call to or from
abroad and to or from Delhi before and after the blast which
has claimed 13 lives.
"We want to be doubly sure before taking any further
action," a source said.
Investigators believe that the other three emails,
including the one purportedly sent by the Indian Mujahideen,
were not sent by anyone having any links with the blast and
appears to be pranks.
"But we are keeping everything open and nothing could be
ruled out," a source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016: Bihar Board Class 12 XII Intermediate Arts Results 2016 to be announced today on 25th May, 2016 at 3 PM
- Mbose.in HSSLC 12th Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (megresults.nic.in) class 12th HSSLC Arts exam results 2016, MBOSE to be declared today on May 25 at 10 AM
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM