Delhi blast: Cops grill surrendered militants’ kin
Jammu/New Delhi: As investigators struggled
for a breakthrough five days after Delhi High Court blast, two
men considered close to surrendered militants were detained in
Kishtwar in Jammu and Kashmir from where an e-mail purportedly
sent by HuJi claiming responsibility was sent.
The number of people detained for questioning rose to 11
after Sadiq Ahmed and Abid Hussain, considered close to former
militants Irshad Ahmed and Farooq Ahmed were picked up. The
two former militants have alrady been detained.
The investigators probing the blast were vigorously
pursuing the email sent from Kishtwar and believed that the
other three emails claiming responsibility for last
Wednesday`s terror attack including the one purportedly sent
by the Indian Mujahideen(IM) were pranks.
"Two close persons of surrendered militants have been
picked up. They are under sustained interrogation after
zeroing in on them", a senior police officer said.
"Let us see what we get from them", he said. The
purported HuJI email has been sent from Kishtwar itself and
that is confirmed, he added.
Around 50 people from Kishtwar town, mostly students,
have so far been questioned in connection with the
Bangladesh-based terror outfit Harkat-ul-Jihad-Islami(HuJI)
email claiming responsibility for the blast.
Official sources in New Delhi said investigators have
brought the hard disks of the computers of the cyber cafe in
Kishtwar to Delhi for forensic examination to find out whether
the set time of any one of the computers was changed before
sending the email.
A particular youth who allegedly sent the email was
under the scanner, police said.
The call records of the youth were also being examined
to find out whether he had received or made call to or from
abroad and to or from Delhi before and after the blast which
has claimed 13 lives.
"We want to be doubly sure before taking any further
action," a source said.
Investigators believe that the other three emails,
including the one purportedly sent by the Indian Mujahideen,
were not sent by anyone having any links with the blast and
appears to be pranks.
"But we are keeping everything open and nothing could be
ruled out," a source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic