Delhi blast: Custody of accused extended by 3 days
New Delhi: Wasim Akram Malik, arrested for
his alleged role in the September 7 Delhi High Court blast,
was on Friday remanded by a city court to NIA custody for three
more days on the agency`s plea that he needs to be further
interrogated for nabbing a few more of his accomplices.
Special NIA Judge H S Sharma allowed the National
Investigating Agency (NIA) to quizz Malik, a Jammu and Kashmir
native studying Unani medicine in Bangladesh, for three more
days after the agency said they have to arrest some more
persons linked to the case.
Malik was produced before the court after the expiry of
his 14-days` NIA custody. The investigators had termed Malik
as a `key link` in the conspiracy behind the blast outside
Gate 5 of the high court on September 7, leaving 15 people
dead and over 70 injured.
Ravi Kazi, counsel appearing for Malik, said NIA sought
three-day custody for his client saying his further
interrogation is required and certain new developments are
taking place in the case.
Information about Malik was given by Azhar Ali, a Hizbul
Mujahideen module, who is in Kotbalwal Jail in Jammu since
2009, sources said.
NIA has also seized three mobile phones from Jammu and
Kishtwar residences of Malik recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India