Delhi blast: Fugitive IM operatives hand suspected
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Friday, September 09, 2011, 21:55
  
New Delhi: As investigators across several states dig hard for clues in Delhi blast case, they are not ruling out the possibility of involvement of some of the 11 fugitive Indian Mujahideen operatives amid indications, that the outfit was getting reactivated after a three-year lull.

Top police sources said, today the anti-terror squads of various states were working on the case, but none of them has got any substantive lead in the probe into Wednesday's blast.

Investigators are not ruling out the possibility of some of the 11 fugitive Indian Mujahideen operatives, who were allegedly involved in 2008 Delhi serial blasts, having played a part in Wednesday's terror attack.

Another source maintained that unlike this time, in earlier cases there were ample evidence available for the anti-terror squads to make out, which IM modules were involved.

"In this case, so far, we don't have a face of the attackers. They are not like robbers, whose compendium, we have. We have to begin from the scratch. Various teams are looking but there is no clue emerging," the source admitted.

He said, that since 2008, there was a lull in IM's activities and now it appeared that it has been reactivated.

A senior police official said, the initial forensic reports suggested the presence of PETN (Pentaerythritol tetranitrate). Investigators suspect that the explosive was made with PETN, nitrate components and some fuel.

"We are awaiting the final report," the official said, adding the bomb used in the May 25 blast outside High Court was different.

PTI


First Published: Friday, September 09, 2011, 21:55


comments powered by Disqus