Delhi blast: Fugitive IM operatives hand suspected
New Delhi: As investigators across several states dig hard for clues in Delhi blast case, they are not ruling out the possibility of involvement of some of the 11 fugitive Indian Mujahideen operatives amid indications, that the outfit was getting reactivated after a three-year lull.
Top police sources said, today the anti-terror squads of various states were working on the case, but none of them has got any substantive lead in the probe into Wednesday`s blast.
Investigators are not ruling out the possibility of some of the 11 fugitive Indian Mujahideen operatives, who were allegedly involved in 2008 Delhi serial blasts, having played a part in Wednesday`s terror attack.
Another source maintained that unlike this time, in earlier cases there were ample evidence available for the anti-terror squads to make out, which IM modules were involved.
"In this case, so far, we don`t have a face of the attackers. They are not like robbers, whose compendium, we have. We have to begin from the scratch. Various teams are looking but there is no clue emerging," the source admitted.
He said, that since 2008, there was a lull in IM`s activities and now it appeared that it has been reactivated.
A senior police official said, the initial forensic reports suggested the presence of PETN (Pentaerythritol tetranitrate). Investigators suspect that the explosive was
made with PETN, nitrate components and some fuel.
"We are awaiting the final report," the official said, adding the bomb used in the May 25 blast outside High Court was different.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill