Delhi blast: HC no to polygraph test of accused
New Delhi: A special court here on Tuesday
rejected National Investigation Agency`s plea seeking lie
detection test of Delhi High Court blast accused Wasim Akram
The court dismissed the plea of NIA after Malik refused
to undergo the Polygraph test (lie detection test).
Polygraph test is conducted to know the psychological
reaction of a person to the questions asked by an expert and
according to a Supreme Court ruling a person cannot be
compelled to undergo such tests which also include brain
mapping and narco analysis.
Court sources said the order was passed after an
in-camera hearing by District Judge H S Sharma before whom
Malik, a Jammu and Kashmir native studying Unani medicine in
Bangladesh, expressed his "unwillingness" to undergo lie
The court, meanwhile, extended the judicial custody of
Malik and co-accused Aamir Abbas Dev till December 5.
The court extended the judicial custody of both the
accused after the agency said the probe into the case was
still continuing. Malik and Dev were produced before the court
after expiry of their judicial custody.
The investigators have said Malik was a `key link` in the
conspiracy behind the blast outside gate number 5 of the high
court on September 7 that left 15 dead and over 70 injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers