Delhi blast: HC no to polygraph test of accused
New Delhi: A special court here on Tuesday
rejected National Investigation Agency`s plea seeking lie
detection test of Delhi High Court blast accused Wasim Akram
The court dismissed the plea of NIA after Malik refused
to undergo the Polygraph test (lie detection test).
Polygraph test is conducted to know the psychological
reaction of a person to the questions asked by an expert and
according to a Supreme Court ruling a person cannot be
compelled to undergo such tests which also include brain
mapping and narco analysis.
Court sources said the order was passed after an
in-camera hearing by District Judge H S Sharma before whom
Malik, a Jammu and Kashmir native studying Unani medicine in
Bangladesh, expressed his "unwillingness" to undergo lie
The court, meanwhile, extended the judicial custody of
Malik and co-accused Aamir Abbas Dev till December 5.
The court extended the judicial custody of both the
accused after the agency said the probe into the case was
still continuing. Malik and Dev were produced before the court
after expiry of their judicial custody.
The investigators have said Malik was a `key link` in the
conspiracy behind the blast outside gate number 5 of the high
court on September 7 that left 15 dead and over 70 injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145