Delhi blast: NIA draws blank in search for accused

Last Updated: Wednesday, November 23, 2011 - 00:25

Jammu/New Delhi: National Investigation
Agency (NIA), probing the Delhi High Court blast of September
7, has drawn a blank in its search for three accused in
Kishtawar despite carrying out searches at various places.

An NIA team has been camping in Kishtawar town and other
higher reaches of Marwah, Warwan and Dachchan for the three
wanted in the case -- Junaid Akram, Amir Kamal and Sheik
Shakeel alias Chota Shakeel -- but has not met with any
success, official sources said.

The NIA was not sharing its intelligence with the local
police but only seeking its help in cordon and search
operations, the sources said.
The local police had lost one of its Special Police
Officers last week in such an operation when an information
about presence of Jehangir was reported from one such area,
the sources said, adding that the information was not
corroborated properly and it was a virtual trap laid by
terrorists in which the SPO was killed.

While there have been intercepts about the presence of
three wanted militants in the higher reaches of this area,
neither the state agencies nor the central agencies had any
information about their presence in the Kishtawar town or its
outskirts, as claimed by the NIA.
The NIA team was also meeting the relatives of Junaid
Akram to press upon him to surrender, the sources said.

The NIA has already announced a cash reward of Rs 10 lakh
each for information leading to the arrest of these people.

PTI



First Published: Sunday, November 20, 2011 - 18:06

More from zeenews

 
comments powered by Disqus