Delhi blast: Two detained in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Two people were detained in Uttar Pradesh Friday in connection with the Delhi High Court blast two days ago which claimed 13 lives, police said here.
"One person was detained in Varanasi and another in Bela village on the outskirts of Balrampur district, essentially on account of their resemblance with the sketch of suspects released by Delhi Police," said a top police officer.
The man detained at the Shivpur police station in Varanasi was identified as Lekhma Ram, a resident of Ajmer.
The one picked up in Balrampur was identified as Shehzad, a permanent resident of Bela village who had come home from Pune, he added.
"However, nothing incriminating has come out during the course of their questioning so far," he said.
Five people were arrested in Jammu and Kashmir Thursday over the e-mail reportedly sent by the Harkat-ul-Jihad-al-Islami (HuJI), taking responsibility for the blast which also injured 96 people Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre