Delhi blast: Two detained in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Two people were detained in Uttar Pradesh Friday in connection with the Delhi High Court blast two days ago which claimed 13 lives, police said here.
"One person was detained in Varanasi and another in Bela village on the outskirts of Balrampur district, essentially on account of their resemblance with the sketch of suspects released by Delhi Police," said a top police officer.
The man detained at the Shivpur police station in Varanasi was identified as Lekhma Ram, a resident of Ajmer.
The one picked up in Balrampur was identified as Shehzad, a permanent resident of Bela village who had come home from Pune, he added.
"However, nothing incriminating has come out during the course of their questioning so far," he said.
Five people were arrested in Jammu and Kashmir Thursday over the e-mail reportedly sent by the Harkat-ul-Jihad-al-Islami (HuJI), taking responsibility for the blast which also injured 96 people Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins