Delhi blasts: Reward announced for wanted K’taka man
New Delhi: Delhi Police today announced Rs
three lakh reward for catching a man from Karnataka who
allegedly helped Indian Mujahideen terrorists by providing
explosives for making bombs, which were later used to trigger
serial blasts in the capital two years ago.
Besides this, police also increased the reward amount on
three suspected terrorists of the same outfit involved in the
serial blasts from Rs one lakh to Rs three lakh.
In his order, city Police Commissioner Y S Dadwal
announced the Rs three lakh reward on Sharukh, who allegedly
supplied the explosive materials used in the bombs that
exploded in Delhi on September 13, 2008.
A resident of Karnataka`s Udupi, Sharukh`s alleged role
came to light during the interrogation of another accused
Shahzad, who was arrested in February this year after his
escape from Batla House after an encounter, a senior police
Dadwal also announced the increase in reward amount on
Mohd Sajid (22), Mirza Sadab Baig (25) and Mohd Khalid (25).
These youths hail from Uttar Pradesh`s Azamgarh.
Sajid is also believed to have escaped from Batla House
during the encounter with police on September 19, 2008. Baig
was a resident of Batla House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read