Delhi braveheart’s friend’s interview no evidence: SC
New Delhi: The Supreme Court has ruled that the interview of the friend of 23-year-old Delhi braveheart, who was gangraped in a moving bus in the national capital on December 16, cannot be used as evidence in the case.
With this decision, the apex court set aside an order of the Delhi High Court, which had allowed the interview to be used as evidence in the trial of the case.
The victim, a 23-year-old paramedical student, was gangraped in a moving bus, following which she battled for her life for over 12 days before succumbing to her injuries at the Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore. A 28-year-old male friend of the braveheart and the sole eyewitness of the incident was cross-examined by the defence in the fast-track court trying the case.
In a television interview, the girl’s friend had said that over an hour after the attack on them began, the couple was thrown from the bus onto the road. He had said that the gang on the bus wanted to run the student over, but he pushed her out of the way.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in