Delhi car blast: Bomber flew to Iran from Malaysia
New Delhi: Houshang Afshar, an Iranian national alleged to be involved in bombing of Israeli envoy`s vehicle here last month, flew to Tehran after spending a day in Malaysia apparently waiting for his accomplices in Bangkok.
According to the investigation report sent by the
Malaysian authorities, the bomber arrived at Kuala Lumpur and
is believed to have waited for his accomplices who were
planning to carry out a similar attack in the Thai capital.
As the news about the botched up plan in Bangkok hit the television screen, Afshar left for Tehran in the intervening night of February 14 and 15, according to the investigation report shared by the foreign authorities with India. The bomb attack here occurred on February 13.
The phone book of Masoud Sedaghatzadeh, who was arrested by the Malaysian police from Kuala Lumpur airport, led sleuths comprising officials from external and internal security
agencies to Indian journalist Syed Mohammed Ahmed Kazmi from where the entire conspiracy started unravelling.
Probe reports shared by Bangkok included pictures of Sedaghatzadeh and two other bombers -- Saeid Moradi and Mohammad Kharzei (both part of botched up plan in Bangkok) with some women escorts in Pattaya.
The photo taken by one of the women from her mobile phone purportedly shows the three Iranians at a Middle Eastern bar surrounded by hookah water-pipes.
Bangkok police had also recorded statement of one of the women escorts, shared with police, in which it was alleged that Kharzei had asked her to escort him as he was not good in conversing in English language.
According to sources privy to the probe conducted in India, Malaysia and Thailand and also on the basis of the statement of Kazmi to Delhi Police, the spate of attacks planned in New Delhi, Bangkok and Georgia was to take revenge on attacks on Iranian scientists since 2009.
Four Iranian nuclear scientists have been killed in attacks since 2009.
Massoud Ali Mohammadi was killed by a remote-controlled bomb in Tehran in January 2010 followed Majid Shahriyari, who was killed in a car bomb attack in November, 29, 2010. He is believed to have a role in one of Iran`s biggest nuclear projects.
The day Shahriyari was killed, there was a failed attempt on life of Fereidoun Abbasi-Davani, a scientist working with Iran`s Atomic Energy Organisation.
In 2011, another scientist Darioush Rezaeinejad, was shot dead by gunmen in eastern Tehran July 2011 followed by killing of Mostafa Ahmadi-Roshan, who died along with his bodyguard when an assailant on a motorcycle slapped a magnetic bomb on his car as he commuted to work.
The same modus operandi was followed in the Delhi bombing in which the Israeli diplomat Tal Yeshua was critically injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India