Delhi car blast: Injured envoy leaves for Israel
New Delhi: Tal Yehoshua, the Israeli woman
diplomat who suffered spine and liver injuries in February 13
bomb attack in the capital, was on today discharged from a
hospital here and has left for her home country.
Undergoing treatment at the Primus Super Specialty
hospital since Monday night, 40-year-old Tal, wife of Israeli
Defence Attache, was whisked away in an ambulance from the
back gate of the hospital today at 4.25 PM to avoid media
Tal, who underwent surgeries in the spine and liver, was
taken on a stretcher to the ambulance.
According to doctors at the the hospital, she left for
Israel in an air ambulance.
Dr Arun Bhanot, chief of spine surgery at the hospital who
was attending on Tal said, "We discharged her after our team
of multi-speciality doctors attending on her felt she was
"We got an intimation from the embassy asking us if she
can be discharged. We agreed as her condition had improved and
she was recovering well.
"She will be taken to Israel today in an air ambulance. We
discharged her when we saw that the staff of air ambulance
were confident enough that she could be flown back without any
harm to her wounds."
On Monday evening after the blast, she was brought to the
hospital bleeding profusely. A shrapnel measuring 1.5cm from
the blast site had got stuck in her spine putting pressure on
the nerve. Another shrapnel had cut her liver which led to
Bhanot said, "Because the pressure was on the nerves of
the spine she had become paralytic in the left leg when she
was brought here. We removed the shrapnel, fixed the spine and
also managed her liver. Her paralysis in her leg has partially
recovered. In another two weeks time we are hopeful she will
be able to walk around."
During the course of her recovery, Bhanot said that the
diplomat was very co-operative.
"She was very cheerful and grateful for the treatment she
received here," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city