Delhi CM announces Rs 2 cr reward for Dhoni
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit on Sunday announced an award of Rs 2 crore for Indian
cricket team captain MS Dhoni and Rs 1 crore each for four
Delhi players after their historic victory in the World Cup.
"The Chief Minister has decided to honour the Indian
captain MS Dhoni by awarding him Rs 2 crore and also decided
to give Rs 1 crore each to Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir,
Virat Kohli and Ashish Nehra for winning the coveted World Cup
after 28 years," a Delhi government official said.
Meanwhile, Dikshit congratulated the cricket team for
their spectacular performance.
India defeated Sri Lanka by six wickets in the World
Cup final in Mumbai last night to lift the coveted trophy
which they last won in 1983 under Kapil Dev.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki