Delhi CM announces Rs 2 cr reward for Dhoni
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit on Sunday announced an award of Rs 2 crore for Indian
cricket team captain MS Dhoni and Rs 1 crore each for four
Delhi players after their historic victory in the World Cup.
"The Chief Minister has decided to honour the Indian
captain MS Dhoni by awarding him Rs 2 crore and also decided
to give Rs 1 crore each to Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir,
Virat Kohli and Ashish Nehra for winning the coveted World Cup
after 28 years," a Delhi government official said.
Meanwhile, Dikshit congratulated the cricket team for
their spectacular performance.
India defeated Sri Lanka by six wickets in the World
Cup final in Mumbai last night to lift the coveted trophy
which they last won in 1983 under Kapil Dev.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof