Delhi CM announces Rs 2 cr reward for Dhoni
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit on Sunday announced an award of Rs 2 crore for Indian
cricket team captain MS Dhoni and Rs 1 crore each for four
Delhi players after their historic victory in the World Cup.
"The Chief Minister has decided to honour the Indian
captain MS Dhoni by awarding him Rs 2 crore and also decided
to give Rs 1 crore each to Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir,
Virat Kohli and Ashish Nehra for winning the coveted World Cup
after 28 years," a Delhi government official said.
Meanwhile, Dikshit congratulated the cricket team for
their spectacular performance.
India defeated Sri Lanka by six wickets in the World
Cup final in Mumbai last night to lift the coveted trophy
which they last won in 1983 under Kapil Dev.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!