Delhi CM demands probe into Sarabjit`s death
Bangalore: Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit on Friday said an inquiry should be initiated into the Sarabjit Singh`s death in a Pakistani hospital to allay angry feelings of Indian citizens.
India`s good relations with Pakistan has been shaken following Sarabjit`s death, Dikshit told reporters, adding "The Pakistan government has not done a good thing which has enraged people at large."
Sarabjit died of cardiac arrest in a Lahore hospital yesterday after being comatose for nearly a week following a brutal assault by fellow inmates in a high-security jail.
Asked how people of Karnataka could expect a stable and clean government from Congress as many of its leaders are facing corruption charges, Dikshit said, "Let the people judge."
Reacting to comments made by Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on how Congress could give a good government in Karnataka when its Delhi government does not provide security to women, Dikshit said "we are going through very poor law and order situation, but in Delhi the administration is somewhat confusing and multi-layered."
Asked about charges levelled against her in CWG case, Dikshit said, "Has it been proved?"
She said all queries have been answered before the PAC and Shunglu Committee and no charges have been proved. "Unless you have proved any charge, it is not fair (to raise the issue)"
She said if some people are dissatisfied with acquittal of Congress leader Sajjan Kumar in anti-Sikh riots case, they should approach the higher court and not politicise the issue.
The protests against Sajjan Kumar`s acquittal is politically motivated as BJP and Akalis are supporting it without showing any respect for a court verdict, Dikshit said.
Asked who would be the Chief Minister if Congress comes back to power, Dikshit said the High Command would take a decision on the matter.
On Congress projecting Rahul Gandhi as heir-apparent without giving him any administrative responsibility, Dikshit said "Sonia`s son is not just for power and wants to work for the party".
On BJP leader H N Anant Kumar`s allegation that Delhi has become "rape capital" of India with 7,000 rape cases registered, Dikshit said the "rape state" of the country is Madhya Pradesh which is run by BJP. "In Delhi we have a very vigilant media so rapes get reported," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- SHOCKING! Former PM Manmohan Singh's plane nearly crashed in 2007
- Narsingh Yadav doping row: Did brother of international wrestler spike his food in Sonipat?
- 1st Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka vs Australia - As it happened...
- ALARMING: Terrorist captured alive by security forces in Kashmir is a Pakistani from Lahore
- Sensex stages strong comeback, climbs 144 points in early trade