Delhi CM mourns stampede deaths
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Sunday expressed grief over the death of a woman and a boy in a stampede at the New Delhi Railway Station.
"She has been in constant touch with the medical superintendent of Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Narain Hospital and has directed him to ensure best possible treatment to the injured," said an official statement.
The incident took place around 2.30 p.m. on platforms 12 and 13 when people were boarding two Bihar-bound trains, a senior police officer said.
A 35-year-old woman, identified as Soni, and a 14-year-old boy died on way to the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'