Delhi CM mourns stampede deaths
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Sunday expressed grief over the death of a woman and a boy in a stampede at the New Delhi Railway Station.
"She has been in constant touch with the medical superintendent of Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Narain Hospital and has directed him to ensure best possible treatment to the injured," said an official statement.
The incident took place around 2.30 p.m. on platforms 12 and 13 when people were boarding two Bihar-bound trains, a senior police officer said.
A 35-year-old woman, identified as Soni, and a 14-year-old boy died on way to the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa