Delhi CM mourns stampede deaths
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Sunday expressed grief over the death of a woman and a boy in a stampede at the New Delhi Railway Station.
"She has been in constant touch with the medical superintendent of Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Narain Hospital and has directed him to ensure best possible treatment to the injured," said an official statement.
The incident took place around 2.30 p.m. on platforms 12 and 13 when people were boarding two Bihar-bound trains, a senior police officer said.
A 35-year-old woman, identified as Soni, and a 14-year-old boy died on way to the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued