Delhi constable found involved in Muzaffarnagar riots by SIT
Muzaffarnagar: A Delhi Police constable has been allegedly found involved in a Muzaffarnagar riot case by the Special Investigation Team.
The constable was found involved in arson and loot incident in Bahawdi village under Phugana police station in the district last year during the communal riots, SIT sources claimed.
Seven persons have been arrested while five others including the police constable have been found involved in the incident by the Special Investigation Team which is probing the riots cases, they said.
Muzaffarnagar and neighbouring districts including Shamli in western Uttar Pradesh had witnessed communal riots in September last year that left over 60 people dead and displaced thousands of villagers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price