Delhi cop shot at by criminals, two arrested
New Delhi: A Delhi police constable was injured after three men stopped on suspicion they were robbers suddenly opened fire at him, police said on Monday. Two of the attackers were arrested.
Constable Manjit, 22, was attacked by Mohammad Islam, Ali and one of their accomplices when he stopped them at K.N. Katju Marg area in north Delhi early Sunday.
Islam opened a fire on Manjit, who was accompanied by another constable Majid, and tried to flee. However, another constable Sandeep reached there and the three policemen nabbed Islam and Ali, while the third criminal managed to flee.
Manjit received a bullet injury on his hand.
Police said the arrested persons have previous criminal records. Islam told police that they were looking for a target to rob when they were intercepted by the policemen.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi