Delhi cop shot at by criminals, two arrested
New Delhi: A Delhi police constable was injured after three men stopped on suspicion they were robbers suddenly opened fire at him, police said on Monday. Two of the attackers were arrested.
Constable Manjit, 22, was attacked by Mohammad Islam, Ali and one of their accomplices when he stopped them at K.N. Katju Marg area in north Delhi early Sunday.
Islam opened a fire on Manjit, who was accompanied by another constable Majid, and tried to flee. However, another constable Sandeep reached there and the three policemen nabbed Islam and Ali, while the third criminal managed to flee.
Manjit received a bullet injury on his hand.
Police said the arrested persons have previous criminal records. Islam told police that they were looking for a target to rob when they were intercepted by the policemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Swimming's governing body FINA bans seven Russians from participating at Rio Olympics
- Not liable to repay Rs 6,000 crore debt due to breach of terms: Kingfisher Airlines
- Pakistan assures China of 'smooth progress' of economic corridor
- Ajit Jogi opens new front against Congress over Mahanadi dam
- Bangladesh's BNP to hold countrywide protest on Wednesday