Delhi cop shot at by criminals, two arrested
New Delhi: A Delhi police constable was injured after three men stopped on suspicion they were robbers suddenly opened fire at him, police said on Monday. Two of the attackers were arrested.
Constable Manjit, 22, was attacked by Mohammad Islam, Ali and one of their accomplices when he stopped them at K.N. Katju Marg area in north Delhi early Sunday.
Islam opened a fire on Manjit, who was accompanied by another constable Majid, and tried to flee. However, another constable Sandeep reached there and the three policemen nabbed Islam and Ali, while the third criminal managed to flee.
Manjit received a bullet injury on his hand.
Police said the arrested persons have previous criminal records. Islam told police that they were looking for a target to rob when they were intercepted by the policemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India