Delhi cop shot at by criminals, two arrested
New Delhi: A Delhi police constable was injured after three men stopped on suspicion they were robbers suddenly opened fire at him, police said on Monday. Two of the attackers were arrested.
Constable Manjit, 22, was attacked by Mohammad Islam, Ali and one of their accomplices when he stopped them at K.N. Katju Marg area in north Delhi early Sunday.
Islam opened a fire on Manjit, who was accompanied by another constable Majid, and tried to flee. However, another constable Sandeep reached there and the three policemen nabbed Islam and Ali, while the third criminal managed to flee.
Manjit received a bullet injury on his hand.
Police said the arrested persons have previous criminal records. Islam told police that they were looking for a target to rob when they were intercepted by the policemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre