Delhi cops responsible for Mamata Banerjee`s heckling: Digvijay
Bhopal: Terming as "unfortunate" the heckling of Mamata Banerjee by Left activists in New Delhi, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Thursday said that police failed to ensure safety of the West Bengal Chief Minister.
"The incident was unfortunate and it should not have happened with her (Mamata) and that too in the Planning Commission... Delhi police are responsible for it," Digvijay said here.
Singh said Delhi police should have taken adequate steps to ensure Mamata`s safety as she is Chief Minister.
The incident took place on Tuesday at Planning Commission office when Mamata was heckled by the Left-wing Student Federation of India (SFI) activists and the West Bengal finance minister Amit Mitra accompanying her was gheraoed.
On BJP Vice President Uma Bharti`s remark that BJP will perform the "pind daan" (rituals after cremation) of Congress in the forthcoming Assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh, Digvijay said, "She should first clarify her position in the BJP hierarchy in Madhya Pradesh".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter