Delhi cops responsible for Mamata Banerjee`s heckling: Digvijay
Bhopal: Terming as "unfortunate" the heckling of Mamata Banerjee by Left activists in New Delhi, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Thursday said that police failed to ensure safety of the West Bengal Chief Minister.
"The incident was unfortunate and it should not have happened with her (Mamata) and that too in the Planning Commission... Delhi police are responsible for it," Digvijay said here.
Singh said Delhi police should have taken adequate steps to ensure Mamata`s safety as she is Chief Minister.
The incident took place on Tuesday at Planning Commission office when Mamata was heckled by the Left-wing Student Federation of India (SFI) activists and the West Bengal finance minister Amit Mitra accompanying her was gheraoed.
On BJP Vice President Uma Bharti`s remark that BJP will perform the "pind daan" (rituals after cremation) of Congress in the forthcoming Assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh, Digvijay said, "She should first clarify her position in the BJP hierarchy in Madhya Pradesh".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video