Delhi cops responsible for Mamata Banerjee`s heckling: Digvijay
Bhopal: Terming as "unfortunate" the heckling of Mamata Banerjee by Left activists in New Delhi, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Thursday said that police failed to ensure safety of the West Bengal Chief Minister.
"The incident was unfortunate and it should not have happened with her (Mamata) and that too in the Planning Commission... Delhi police are responsible for it," Digvijay said here.
Singh said Delhi police should have taken adequate steps to ensure Mamata`s safety as she is Chief Minister.
The incident took place on Tuesday at Planning Commission office when Mamata was heckled by the Left-wing Student Federation of India (SFI) activists and the West Bengal finance minister Amit Mitra accompanying her was gheraoed.
On BJP Vice President Uma Bharti`s remark that BJP will perform the "pind daan" (rituals after cremation) of Congress in the forthcoming Assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh, Digvijay said, "She should first clarify her position in the BJP hierarchy in Madhya Pradesh".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...