Delhi court asks FSL director to file report on rotten samples
New Delhi: Taking exception to samples
rotting in three criminal cases, a Delhi court has directed
the head of Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) here to file a
detailed report after he failed to come up with a convincing
"The inordinate delay in examination/analysis of
samples sent to FSL has come to the notice of this court with
results which are disturbing in that the biological samples
over the period of time have been found to have putrefied,"
Additional Sessions Judge R K Gauba said.
FSL Director V K Goyal, who appeared in the court
yesterday following the notice, failed to give satisfactory
replies on how and why there was always delay in the sending
report leading to even rotting of the samples.
"He shall submit a detailed report in this regard,
including about the reasons why there was delay in the case at
hand which could be avoided," the court said.
The court asked him to file the report till November
three, next date of hearing.
Goyal tried to explain before the court by telling it
that there was shortage of hands particularly in chemistry and
biology departments resulting in matter getting delayed.
He submitted that recent efforts to recruit more hands
was expected to produce results wherein he expected to get the
pendency clear in near future.
"He also submitted that the priority cases come in the
way of disposing cases and further result in delay. He also
claimed that sometimes samples are not properly preserved in
the hospitals which results in the efforts going waste," the
The court sought the report from the director after
two FSL Scientific Officers who appeared to depose in three
different cases testified that the delay in submitting reports
could have been avoided.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof