Delhi court tells Gujarat cops to present Jundal
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Wednesday issued a fresh production warrant against 26/11 key handler and LeT operative Abu Jundal who could not be produced before it, being in the custody of Gujarat Anti-Terrorism Squad.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vidya Parkash issued the warrant against Jundal, alias Syed Zaibuddin, for November 9.
The court had given Jundal`s custody to Gujarat ATS till today after the probe agency told the court that he is wanted for interrogation in the 2006 Karanawati Express train blast case in Ahmedabad in which he is alleged to be one of the main conspirators and was declared a proclaimed offender.
Today, the agency told the court via fax that a court in Ahmedabad has granted it Jundal`s custody till November 3 and that he would also be required in another terrorism-related case registered in 2006.
"Request is made for grant of further time for producing the said accused (Jundal) before this court," the Gujarat ATS DSP said in the communication sent via fax.
"Considering the facts and circumstances of the case, including the written request received by way of fax, the request is allowed. Issue fresh production warrant against Syed Zaibuddin for November 9," the court said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan