Delhi court tells Gujarat cops to present Jundal
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Wednesday issued a fresh production warrant against 26/11 key handler and LeT operative Abu Jundal who could not be produced before it, being in the custody of Gujarat Anti-Terrorism Squad.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vidya Parkash issued the warrant against Jundal, alias Syed Zaibuddin, for November 9.
The court had given Jundal`s custody to Gujarat ATS till today after the probe agency told the court that he is wanted for interrogation in the 2006 Karanawati Express train blast case in Ahmedabad in which he is alleged to be one of the main conspirators and was declared a proclaimed offender.
Today, the agency told the court via fax that a court in Ahmedabad has granted it Jundal`s custody till November 3 and that he would also be required in another terrorism-related case registered in 2006.
"Request is made for grant of further time for producing the said accused (Jundal) before this court," the Gujarat ATS DSP said in the communication sent via fax.
"Considering the facts and circumstances of the case, including the written request received by way of fax, the request is allowed. Issue fresh production warrant against Syed Zaibuddin for November 9," the court said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!