Delhi doctors call of strike
New Delhi: Around 1200 doctors of Delhi`s Safdarjung Hospital called of their two-day long strike after the government assured them of safety at workplace.
Although it is not yet clear whether the authorities have agreed to their demand for deployment of Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) in the hospital`s security, but clearly some sort of an agreement has been reached on the issue.
What might have also played in the minds of the doctors is that the government had given clear indications that may consider invoking of the Essential Services Maintenance Act (ESMA), under which a striking doctor can get upto six months in jail.
The doctors had gone on a flash strike following their claims that one of their female colleagues was manhandled by some outsiders on Sunday, when a patient succumbed to dengue.
They said the hospital administration had failed to ensure the security of doctors despite the issue being taken up several times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?