Delhi firing: Daredevil rickshaw puller rewarded
New Delhi: Saleem Ahmed, the rickshaw puller who chased the armed assailants involved in the Jama Masjid firing on Sunday, has finally been rewarded for his heroics.
The Delhi Police today announced a cash award of Rs 25,000 for Saleem, who is into his mid-20s and works in the Old Delhi area.
Saleem, with a stone in his hands, along with Delhi Police constable Pramod had tried hard to stop the assailants from fleeing, after they fired at a group of Taiwanese tourists near Gate No 3 of Jama Masjid on Sunday.
"It (chasing away armed assailants with a stone) was an instinctive reaction. I was afraid too but picked up the stones before I could think twice. I know I could have been shot. It is all God`s grace. I hope the men are caught soon," Saleem had told a newspaper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea