Delhi firing: Daredevil rickshaw puller rewarded
New Delhi: Saleem Ahmed, the rickshaw puller who chased the armed assailants involved in the Jama Masjid firing on Sunday, has finally been rewarded for his heroics.
The Delhi Police today announced a cash award of Rs 25,000 for Saleem, who is into his mid-20s and works in the Old Delhi area.
Saleem, with a stone in his hands, along with Delhi Police constable Pramod had tried hard to stop the assailants from fleeing, after they fired at a group of Taiwanese tourists near Gate No 3 of Jama Masjid on Sunday.
"It (chasing away armed assailants with a stone) was an instinctive reaction. I was afraid too but picked up the stones before I could think twice. I know I could have been shot. It is all God`s grace. I hope the men are caught soon," Saleem had told a newspaper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!