Delhi gang-rape: AAP stages protest, seeks Shinde`s resignation
Mumbai: Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Saturday staged a protest in suburban Mumbai to protest against the Delhi gangrape and demanded resignation of Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and also sought police reforms.
Praful Vora, an office-bearer of AAP said policemen should be withdrawn from VIP security and deployed for law and order purpose.
"Sushilkumar Shinde, as Union Home Minister, has been a failure. He has no right to continue," Vora said.
Nearly 1,000 people participated in the protest in suburban Bandra, he claimed.
Meanwhile, Congress MP Priya Dutt also addressed a protest meeting in support of the victim at Carter Road here.
Vora said the AAP protesters wanted to participate in Priya Dutt`s meeting and question what her party`s government was doing in this regard.
"However, police did not allow us to meet her," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet