Delhi gang-rape: AAP stages protest, seeks Shinde`s resignation
Mumbai: Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Saturday staged a protest in suburban Mumbai to protest against the Delhi gangrape and demanded resignation of Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and also sought police reforms.
Praful Vora, an office-bearer of AAP said policemen should be withdrawn from VIP security and deployed for law and order purpose.
"Sushilkumar Shinde, as Union Home Minister, has been a failure. He has no right to continue," Vora said.
Nearly 1,000 people participated in the protest in suburban Bandra, he claimed.
Meanwhile, Congress MP Priya Dutt also addressed a protest meeting in support of the victim at Carter Road here.
Vora said the AAP protesters wanted to participate in Priya Dutt`s meeting and question what her party`s government was doing in this regard.
"However, police did not allow us to meet her," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days