Delhi gang-rape: Attempt to murder charge against accused
New Delhi: Delhi Police has invoked more stringent charges of attempt to murder and destruction of evidence against the six persons in the gangrape of a young paramedical student on Sunday night.
Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said in Parliament today that Delhi Police have added sections 307 (attempt to murder) and 201 (destruction of evidence) against the accused.
The 23-year-old girl was raped and brutally assaulted by the six men in a moving bus in south Delhi.
Police had earlier charged them under sections 365 (kidnapping or abducting), 376 (2)(g) (gang rape), 377 (unnatural offences), 394 (hurting in committing robbery) and 34 (common intention) of the IPC.
Four persons have been arrested in the case so far while one was detained from Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH