Delhi gang-rape: Attempt to murder charge against accused
New Delhi: Delhi Police has invoked more stringent charges of attempt to murder and destruction of evidence against the six persons in the gangrape of a young paramedical student on Sunday night.
Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said in Parliament today that Delhi Police have added sections 307 (attempt to murder) and 201 (destruction of evidence) against the accused.
The 23-year-old girl was raped and brutally assaulted by the six men in a moving bus in south Delhi.
Police had earlier charged them under sections 365 (kidnapping or abducting), 376 (2)(g) (gang rape), 377 (unnatural offences), 394 (hurting in committing robbery) and 34 (common intention) of the IPC.
Four persons have been arrested in the case so far while one was detained from Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- High-speed Spanish Talgo train begins trial run, to be introduced on Delhi-Mumbai route
- Want to improve your sex life? Ditch tampons for menstrual cups!
- Batla House encounter: BJP protests outside Sonia Gandhi's residence
- 'FIR' actor Suresh Chatwal no more, co-star Kavita Kaushik expresses grief
- Virat Kohli fails to breach 1000-run barrier but breaks Suresh Raina's IPL batting record