Delhi gang-rape: Attempt to murder charge against accused
New Delhi: Delhi Police has invoked more stringent charges of attempt to murder and destruction of evidence against the six persons in the gangrape of a young paramedical student on Sunday night.
Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said in Parliament today that Delhi Police have added sections 307 (attempt to murder) and 201 (destruction of evidence) against the accused.
The 23-year-old girl was raped and brutally assaulted by the six men in a moving bus in south Delhi.
Police had earlier charged them under sections 365 (kidnapping or abducting), 376 (2)(g) (gang rape), 377 (unnatural offences), 394 (hurting in committing robbery) and 34 (common intention) of the IPC.
Four persons have been arrested in the case so far while one was detained from Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video