Delhi gang-rape case: Draftsman, three cops testify
New Delhi: A draftsman, who had prepared the site plan of December 16 gang-rape of a 23-year-old girl in a moving bus here, testified as prosecution witness before the fast-track court on Tuesday.
The draftsman, who had talked to the victim`s male friend, the sole eyewitness to the crime, to prepare the detailed sketch of the crime scene, deposed before the court.
He was the 40th prosecution witness to get his statement recorded before Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna during in-camera proceedings. The media has been restrained from reporting the proceedings in the case by the court.
Besides the draftsman, three Delhi police officials, who had collected the evidence in the case, also deposed as prosecution witnesses earlier today.
All the four witnesses were cross-examined by the counsel for five adults accused in the case.
The five adult accused are facing trial in the case for rape and murder of the girl, who died on December 29, 2012 in a Singapore hospital as a result of grievous injuries she had suffered when she was sexually assaulted by six persons.
The sixth accused is a juvenile who is facing proceedings before the Juvenile Justice Board and he has also been charged for rape and murder of the girl.
Bus driver Ram Singh and his brother Mukesh, Pawan Gupta, Vinay Sharma, Akshay Singh and the juvenile have pleaded not guilty to the charges framed against them and have claimed trial.
The victim was airlifted to Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore on December 27, 2012 for further treatment on the advice of a team of doctors from Safdarjung hospital here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez