Delhi gang-rape case: Draftsman, three cops testify
New Delhi: A draftsman, who had prepared the site plan of December 16 gang-rape of a 23-year-old girl in a moving bus here, testified as prosecution witness before the fast-track court on Tuesday.
The draftsman, who had talked to the victim`s male friend, the sole eyewitness to the crime, to prepare the detailed sketch of the crime scene, deposed before the court.
He was the 40th prosecution witness to get his statement recorded before Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna during in-camera proceedings. The media has been restrained from reporting the proceedings in the case by the court.
Besides the draftsman, three Delhi police officials, who had collected the evidence in the case, also deposed as prosecution witnesses earlier today.
All the four witnesses were cross-examined by the counsel for five adults accused in the case.
The five adult accused are facing trial in the case for rape and murder of the girl, who died on December 29, 2012 in a Singapore hospital as a result of grievous injuries she had suffered when she was sexually assaulted by six persons.
The sixth accused is a juvenile who is facing proceedings before the Juvenile Justice Board and he has also been charged for rape and murder of the girl.
Bus driver Ram Singh and his brother Mukesh, Pawan Gupta, Vinay Sharma, Akshay Singh and the juvenile have pleaded not guilty to the charges framed against them and have claimed trial.
The victim was airlifted to Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore on December 27, 2012 for further treatment on the advice of a team of doctors from Safdarjung hospital here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family