Delhi gang-rape: Forensic experts’ deposition to continue
New Delhi: The deposition of senior forensic experts, who had provided scientific support and services in the probe into the December 16 gang-rape of a 23-year-old girl in a moving bus, continued before the fast-track court on Friday.
Senior Scientific Officer BK Mohapatra from Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL), who had examined the exhibits forwarded by the Delhi Police investigation team, was cross-examined by the counsel for five adult accused and his testimony remained inconclusive.
Yesterday, Mohapatra and another official from CFSL had testified as prosecution witnesses before Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna during the in-camera proceedings.
During the day, only Mohapatra was cross-examined by the defence counsel and it will continue on Monday. The court is also likely to record the statement of the other CFSL official on that day.
CFSL experts had examined the exhibits seized from the crime spot by the investigating agencies and render their expert opinion.
The judge is likely to summon next week the 28-year-old youth, who is the sole eye-witness to the brutal assault on the girl by the five accused and a juvenile, to depose in the court after the Delhi High Court allowed the plea of the gangrape accused to use as evidence a CD containing the interview of the victim`s male friend given to a news channel.
Earlier, the youth had only recorded his statement in the court as a prosecution witness but was not cross-examined by the counsel for accused bus driver Ram Singh and his brother Mukesh, Pawan Gupta, Vinay Sharma, Akshay Singh.
Accused Ram Singh and his brother had moved High Court against the fast-track court`s decision by which they were not allowed to exhibit the CD of the interview telecast on January 4 as a piece of evidence.
The five adult accused are facing trial in the case for rape and murder of the girl who died on December 29, 2012 in a Singapore hospital as a result of grievous injuries she had suffered when she was sexually assaulted by six persons.
The sixth accused is a juvenile who is facing trial before the Juvenile Justice Board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in