Delhi gang-rape: Recreational activities for juvenile in remand home
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: The juvenile convict, remanded to three years in a correctional home, will be watching television and playing games during his stay there. The Juvenile Justice Board had found the juvenile guilty on Saturday of raping and brutalising the para-medical student in a moving bus on December 16 last year in Delhi.
Juvenile homes are not as harsh as jails. Minors are allowed to engage themselves in various recreational activities. They are also provided shoes, clothes and regular counselling sessions, so that they are able to reform themselves and get back to mainstream society.
The heinous gang-rape incident led to massive nationwide uproar with hundreds of people protesting against the crime and demanding severe punishment for all the accused and more safety for women.
After the sentence was pronounced, the family of the victim expressed disappointment and demanded death sentence for all the culprits.
The gang-rape case is being tried by a fast-track court in Saket here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state