Delhi gang-rape: Recreational activities for juvenile in remand home
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: The juvenile convict, remanded to three years in a correctional home, will be watching television and playing games during his stay there. The Juvenile Justice Board had found the juvenile guilty on Saturday of raping and brutalising the para-medical student in a moving bus on December 16 last year in Delhi.
Juvenile homes are not as harsh as jails. Minors are allowed to engage themselves in various recreational activities. They are also provided shoes, clothes and regular counselling sessions, so that they are able to reform themselves and get back to mainstream society.
The heinous gang-rape incident led to massive nationwide uproar with hundreds of people protesting against the crime and demanding severe punishment for all the accused and more safety for women.
After the sentence was pronounced, the family of the victim expressed disappointment and demanded death sentence for all the culprits.
The gang-rape case is being tried by a fast-track court in Saket here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory