Delhi gang-rape verdict: Twitter abuzz with death penalty
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: The long agonising wait for justice is over in the ghastly Delhi gang-rape case with all four being awarded with death sentence.
With the verdict, many politicians, celebrities and other personalities took to the social networking site Twitter to express their delight.
Following are some of the reactions on Twitter after the verdict -
Kiran Bedi tweeted, “Relieved to see beast sent to hell! If this happens in each case, message will be one! U commit such crime u go to hell!(sic)”
BJP leader Sushma Swaraj louded the sentencing and tweeted, “I welcome the judgement in Delhi gang rape case. This will serve as a deterrent for such offences.(sic)”
Bollywood actor Anupam Kher wrote on his Twitter profile, “Death Sentence for Rapists. This Friday the 13th is a day of JUSTICE. Jai Ho.:)(sic)”
Prominent Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar said that the sentencing conveys a strong message and tweeted, “Justice prevails, death sentence for the four rapists! Hope this conveys a message to the other men. They deserve not...(sic)”
The victim’s family after the verdict said that the justice has been done. And there were celebrations among the anti-rape protesters who gather outside the Saket court complex after the death sentence was awarded to the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city