Delhi gang-rape verdict: Twitter abuzz with death penalty
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: The long agonising wait for justice is over in the ghastly Delhi gang-rape case with all four being awarded with death sentence.
With the verdict, many politicians, celebrities and other personalities took to the social networking site Twitter to express their delight.
Following are some of the reactions on Twitter after the verdict -
Kiran Bedi tweeted, “Relieved to see beast sent to hell! If this happens in each case, message will be one! U commit such crime u go to hell!(sic)”
BJP leader Sushma Swaraj louded the sentencing and tweeted, “I welcome the judgement in Delhi gang rape case. This will serve as a deterrent for such offences.(sic)”
Bollywood actor Anupam Kher wrote on his Twitter profile, “Death Sentence for Rapists. This Friday the 13th is a day of JUSTICE. Jai Ho.:)(sic)”
Prominent Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar said that the sentencing conveys a strong message and tweeted, “Justice prevails, death sentence for the four rapists! Hope this conveys a message to the other men. They deserve not...(sic)”
The victim’s family after the verdict said that the justice has been done. And there were celebrations among the anti-rape protesters who gather outside the Saket court complex after the death sentence was awarded to the accused.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics