Delhi gang-rape: Victim is critical but stable, say doctors
New Delhi: Doctors at the Safdarjang Hospital on Thursday said that the victim of the brutal Delhi gang-rape case remains critical but is in a stable condition.
“She is alert and conscious... is in a stable condition,” doctors told a press conference.
While stating the girl continues to remain in ICU, they added that her vital parameters are within acceptable limits.
Infection remains an impending danger in this case, they added.
Doctors also pointed out that the girl has an immense fighting spirit.
So far, two surgeries have been conducted on the girl, doctors said, adding she is still not out of danger.
She is making an attempt to breathe on her own, they said, but added “we haven’t made an effort to take her off ventilator support”.
Doctors said her vital organs, including kidney, heart and brain were doing fine. The condition of liver has also improved, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh