Delhi gang-rape: Victim is critical but stable, say doctors
New Delhi: Doctors at the Safdarjang Hospital on Thursday said that the victim of the brutal Delhi gang-rape case remains critical but is in a stable condition.
“She is alert and conscious... is in a stable condition,” doctors told a press conference.
While stating the girl continues to remain in ICU, they added that her vital parameters are within acceptable limits.
Infection remains an impending danger in this case, they added.
Doctors also pointed out that the girl has an immense fighting spirit.
So far, two surgeries have been conducted on the girl, doctors said, adding she is still not out of danger.
She is making an attempt to breathe on her own, they said, but added “we haven’t made an effort to take her off ventilator support”.
Doctors said her vital organs, including kidney, heart and brain were doing fine. The condition of liver has also improved, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing