Delhi gang-rape: Victim is critical but stable, say doctors
New Delhi: Doctors at the Safdarjang Hospital on Thursday said that the victim of the brutal Delhi gang-rape case remains critical but is in a stable condition.
“She is alert and conscious... is in a stable condition,” doctors told a press conference.
While stating the girl continues to remain in ICU, they added that her vital parameters are within acceptable limits.
Infection remains an impending danger in this case, they added.
Doctors also pointed out that the girl has an immense fighting spirit.
So far, two surgeries have been conducted on the girl, doctors said, adding she is still not out of danger.
She is making an attempt to breathe on her own, they said, but added “we haven’t made an effort to take her off ventilator support”.
Doctors said her vital organs, including kidney, heart and brain were doing fine. The condition of liver has also improved, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!