Delhi gang-rape: Victim is critical but stable, say doctors
New Delhi: Doctors at the Safdarjang Hospital on Thursday said that the victim of the brutal Delhi gang-rape case remains critical but is in a stable condition.
“She is alert and conscious... is in a stable condition,” doctors told a press conference.
While stating the girl continues to remain in ICU, they added that her vital parameters are within acceptable limits.
Infection remains an impending danger in this case, they added.
Doctors also pointed out that the girl has an immense fighting spirit.
So far, two surgeries have been conducted on the girl, doctors said, adding she is still not out of danger.
She is making an attempt to breathe on her own, they said, but added “we haven’t made an effort to take her off ventilator support”.
Doctors said her vital organs, including kidney, heart and brain were doing fine. The condition of liver has also improved, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert