Delhi gang-rape: Victim`s brother tries to attack minor
New Delhi: The younger brother of December 16 gang-rape victim on Saturday allegedly tried to attack the juvenile who he was awarded three-year sentence for the rape and murder of his sister by Juvenile Justice Board (JJB) here.
"When the judgement was being delivered by the Juvenile Justice Board (JJB), presided over by Principal Magistrate Geetanjali Goel, the victim`s younger brother tried to attack the minor," the sources at the Board said.
They said victim`s brother, who was waiting for the Board`s decision since morning, suddenly moved towards the juvenile and tried to slap him, after the order was pronounced.
However, the boy was brought under control by those present inside the court room, including the prosecution, defence counsel and the 23-year-old victim`s father and mother.
The victim`s brother had accompanied the parents to hear the verdict of the Board.
After coming out of the JJB, he broke down and expressed disagreement with the quantum of the sentence awarded to the juvenile accused.
"The accused has been sentenced to three years, which is very less for him in comparison to the crime he committed. He should be hanged here only," he said in tears.
Without waiting further, he forced his way along with his parents by pushing the iron gate where policemen were posted.
The parents were also upset over the verdict and broke down and rushed outside the court room, saying "they lost the battle" and "there was no need for these proceedings".
"I was already dead on December 29, when I lost my daughter. However, I gathered courage to attend the proceedings at the Board thinking the minor will also be hanged", he said.
He further said "the Board should have senetenced the juvenile keeping in mind his crime and not thinking of his age at the time of offence."
The mother said the verdict is not acceptable to them.
"There was no need for these proceedings. We have been fooled. I don`t accept the judgement. What was the need for keeping us waiting for the whole day"? she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- SHOCKING! Hyderabad woman arrested for carrying 2 Kg gold in her underwear at Delhi airport
- Thailand military court opens trial in Bangkok shrine blast
- How to overcome your jetlag?
- Sugar prices soar to Rs 42/kg; FM holds inter-ministerial meeting on banning futures trading
- TCL 562 Review: Well-performing smartphone that's worth its price