Delhi gang-rape victim`s family turns down offer of fee refund
Dehradun: The family of the Delhi gang-rape victim has turned down an offer from the city`s Sai Institute to return the fees charged from her, saying the amount should be used to help poor and needy students.
The offer by the institute from where she did a four year course in physiotherapy before moving to Delhi was turned down by the girl`s father when he came here yesterday along with his son to collect her marksheet of her final year examination, its Director Harish Arora said.
Overcome with emotion as he saw her marksheet in which she had secured 73 per cent marks, the father said that the money amounting to Rs 1.8 lakh for the four year course should be used as scholarship to meritorious students who can`t afford the fees, Arora said.
As the father looked at her daughter`s marks considered by her teachers at the institute as better than most students, he said he was proud of his daughter`s academic performance but would continue to miss her all his life.
"This agony will continue to haunt us as long as we are alive," he said,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- 'Akira' animator Makiko Futaki dies at 57
- Video alert - Lisa Haydon, Jacqueline Fernandez fight like Tom and Jerry!
- Discussing Apple's request for FDI rules waiver: Sitharaman
- Nirmala Sitharaman recommends raising tax holiday for start-ups
- Blasted by Twitterati, Tanmay Bhat hits back with 'Advani ke budhape' tweet; deletes it mins after posting