Delhi gangrape convict`s wife rues death sentence
Aurangabad: Delhi gangrape convict Akshay Thakur`s wife said on Saturday that the court should have thought about the future of their child before awarding death sentence to her husband.
"The court should have cared for the fate of our two-year old son before pronouncing the death sentence to my husband," a sobbing Punita Devi told reporters here yesterday.
"The media also played a biased role," said the 28-year-old woman.
Saryu Singh, father of Akshay Thakur, has said they would explore the option of appealing to the High Court against the death sentence.
Four men were awarded death sentence by a Delhi court on Friday for the gangrape and murder of a 23-year-old paramedic student on December 16 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- 'Kaabil' an opportunity to establish myself commercially: Yami Gautam
- Pokemon Go mania causes international incident on US border
- What makes an online dater successful!
- Donald Trump asked to stop talking about Benghazi victims
- Under construction building collapses in Hyderabad, several labourers trapped