Delhi gangrape convict`s wife rues death sentence
Aurangabad: Delhi gangrape convict Akshay Thakur`s wife said on Saturday that the court should have thought about the future of their child before awarding death sentence to her husband.
"The court should have cared for the fate of our two-year old son before pronouncing the death sentence to my husband," a sobbing Punita Devi told reporters here yesterday.
"The media also played a biased role," said the 28-year-old woman.
Saryu Singh, father of Akshay Thakur, has said they would explore the option of appealing to the High Court against the death sentence.
Four men were awarded death sentence by a Delhi court on Friday for the gangrape and murder of a 23-year-old paramedic student on December 16 last year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India