Delhi gangrape convict`s wife rues death sentence
Aurangabad: Delhi gangrape convict Akshay Thakur`s wife said on Saturday that the court should have thought about the future of their child before awarding death sentence to her husband.
"The court should have cared for the fate of our two-year old son before pronouncing the death sentence to my husband," a sobbing Punita Devi told reporters here yesterday.
"The media also played a biased role," said the 28-year-old woman.
Saryu Singh, father of Akshay Thakur, has said they would explore the option of appealing to the High Court against the death sentence.
Four men were awarded death sentence by a Delhi court on Friday for the gangrape and murder of a 23-year-old paramedic student on December 16 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users