Delhi gets first liquor outlet at shopping mall
New Delhi: Delhi on Friday got its first
liquor outlet at a shopping mall which promises less hassles
in buying spirits as compared to that from regular shops.
The shop, spread over 1,400 square feet area, has been
set up by DSIIDC at the luxurious DLF Place mall in Saket in
On sale in the shop is over 200 brands of imported
foreign liquor and almost all brands of Indian Made Foreign
A DSIIDC official said they are in talks with some
other malls also may soon open similar outlets in shopping
"More shops will follow elsewhere. All of them will be
named `High Times`. We are mainly targeting the foreign
tourists who will be in the city during the Commonwealth
Games," he said.
The sprawling fully-airconditioned shop at the DLF
Place has been designed according to international standards
and has computerised billing and bar-coding facility, besides
a trained batch of staff.
For wine lovers, the shop has a separate section for
imported wine which has provisions to maintain correct
temperature so that the real tastes of it could be retained.
"With separate entry and exit points, the shop will
offer a great experience to the buyers. One can even buy
liquor through credit card," said the official.
DSIIDC, known as a premier infrastructure development
agency of the Delhi Government, runs 103 liquor vends across
Tipplers in the city have welcomed the opening of the
shop and said more such outlets should be there in the malls
across the city.
"It is a welcome move but care should be taken to
ensure that the shop does not become any other liquor vend
where we have to scramble to buy a bottle of liquor," said
32-year-old Abhijit Gupta, a resident of Saket.
Gaurav Saxena, an employee with software company in
Noida, said "experience of buying liquor will be totally
different now. I am very happy."
The city government late last year had decided to
allow sale of liquor in shopping malls to meet the demand
during the Commonwealth Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says