Delhi gets first liquor outlet at shopping mall
New Delhi: Delhi on Friday got its first
liquor outlet at a shopping mall which promises less hassles
in buying spirits as compared to that from regular shops.
The shop, spread over 1,400 square feet area, has been
set up by DSIIDC at the luxurious DLF Place mall in Saket in
On sale in the shop is over 200 brands of imported
foreign liquor and almost all brands of Indian Made Foreign
A DSIIDC official said they are in talks with some
other malls also may soon open similar outlets in shopping
"More shops will follow elsewhere. All of them will be
named `High Times`. We are mainly targeting the foreign
tourists who will be in the city during the Commonwealth
Games," he said.
The sprawling fully-airconditioned shop at the DLF
Place has been designed according to international standards
and has computerised billing and bar-coding facility, besides
a trained batch of staff.
For wine lovers, the shop has a separate section for
imported wine which has provisions to maintain correct
temperature so that the real tastes of it could be retained.
"With separate entry and exit points, the shop will
offer a great experience to the buyers. One can even buy
liquor through credit card," said the official.
DSIIDC, known as a premier infrastructure development
agency of the Delhi Government, runs 103 liquor vends across
Tipplers in the city have welcomed the opening of the
shop and said more such outlets should be there in the malls
across the city.
"It is a welcome move but care should be taken to
ensure that the shop does not become any other liquor vend
where we have to scramble to buy a bottle of liquor," said
32-year-old Abhijit Gupta, a resident of Saket.
Gaurav Saxena, an employee with software company in
Noida, said "experience of buying liquor will be totally
different now. I am very happy."
The city government late last year had decided to
allow sale of liquor in shopping malls to meet the demand
during the Commonwealth Games.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!