Delhi govt finalises draft of new legislation on property
New Delhi: Delhi Government has finalised
the draft of a new legislation under which people will be
issued title for their properties, a move aimed checking
Delhi Chief Secretary Rakesh Mehta said the draft of
the Delhi Urban Property Registration and Titling Act 2009,
which will provide a legal framework for granting property
titles to all owners, is ready and will be introduced in Delhi
Addressing the 10th annual Chief Secretaries` summit
organised by PHD Chamber here, he said cases involving
property disputes are major source of litigation in the city
and the proposed legislation seeks to address the problem of
duplicate claims to property.
Mehta, who is the brain behind the scheme, said a
dispute resolution mechanism will be set up to ensure speedy
disposal of the cases which will also bring down the pressure
on city courts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!