Delhi Govt sends response to Shunglu charges
New Delhi: The Delhi Government on Saturday sent its response to the Union Home Ministry on allegations
made by the Shunglu Committee about bunglings in the
Commonwealth Games projects.
"We have sent the report to the Home Ministry today,"
said Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit.
Directed by the Home Ministry to make its submission
within stipulated time on the allegations by the Shunglu
Committee, the Delhi Cabinet had on May 25 approved its final
response, rejecting point-by-point the charges of the Prime
The over 1,000 page report, prepared by a three-member
committee of top officials, gives paragraph-wise response of
the observation made by the Shunglu panel while trashing all
its findings, arguing that they were based on "presumptions"
The Home Ministry late last month had sent the report
of the Shunglu Committee to Delhi government, asking it to
file a detailed response to the findings within a month.
Officials said the Government has rejected the whole
report as it is based on "presumptions" and "assumptions"
without verification of the facts.
Besides holding various agencies, including the PWD,
responsible for irregularities, the Shunglu Committee had
blamed Dikshit for alleged bungling in various Games projects.
The city government, which has already rejected the
findings of the panel as a "product of paranoia", had sent a
brief report to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh last month.
The Shunglu Committee has submitted six reports on
broadcasting, Games Village, city infrastructure, Games
venues, Organising Committee and Main Report -- Organisation
and Conduct of CWG 2010.
The report on city infrastructure was referred to the
Home Ministry by the PMO for appropriate action on the queries
raised by the Shunglu panel in works done by the city
The administration of Delhi, being an Union Territory,
comes under the control of the Home Ministry.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?