Delhi-Haridwar NH to be closed due to kanwarias
Muzaffarnagar: The Delhi-Haridwar National Highway will be closed for traffic for 10 days
beginning Tuesday to facilitate smooth movement of `kanwarias`, devotees of Lord Shiva.
SSP Praveen Kumar said the step has been taken to prevent any untoward incident during movement of `kanwarias`.
District authorities have also decided to close all schools and colleges in the district from July 20 to July 29 due to diversion of routes, District Magistrate Pankaj Kumar said today.
Kanwarias collect holy water of River Ganga in Haridwar in pots and walk back to their home during the Hindu month of `Shravan`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH