Delhi-Haridwar NH to be closed due to kanwarias
Muzaffarnagar: The Delhi-Haridwar National Highway will be closed for traffic for 10 days
beginning Tuesday to facilitate smooth movement of `kanwarias`, devotees of Lord Shiva.
SSP Praveen Kumar said the step has been taken to prevent any untoward incident during movement of `kanwarias`.
District authorities have also decided to close all schools and colleges in the district from July 20 to July 29 due to diversion of routes, District Magistrate Pankaj Kumar said today.
Kanwarias collect holy water of River Ganga in Haridwar in pots and walk back to their home during the Hindu month of `Shravan`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country