Delhi HC blast: 2nd accused sent to NIA custody
New Delhi: Jammu and Kashmir native Amir
Abbas Dev was remanded Friday by a Delhi court to NIA custody for 15 days for his interrogation to unearth his suspected role in the September 7 the Delhi High Court blast that killed 15 people and injured over 70 others.
Special NIA Judge H S Sharma remanded Dev to the custody
of National Investigation Agency till October 7 on a plea by
The judge passed the order in an in-camera proceeding,
which was attended only by the accused defence counsel Ravi
Kazi, besides the NIA investigators.
The court turned down Kazi`s opposition to plea by NIA
which had produced him before the court yesterday after
bringing him from Kisthwar in Jammu and Kashmir, where he was
Dev`s co-accused Abid Hussain has already been remanded
to NIA custody till October 5.
Hussain and Dev were brought to Delhi the day before
yesterday following their arrest at Kishtwar. They had
allegedly sent emails to media houses claiming responsibility
for the blast on behalf of banned terror outfit Harkat
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss