Delhi HC blast: 2nd accused sent to NIA custody
New Delhi: Jammu and Kashmir native Amir
Abbas Dev was remanded Friday by a Delhi court to NIA custody for 15 days for his interrogation to unearth his suspected role in the September 7 the Delhi High Court blast that killed 15 people and injured over 70 others.
Special NIA Judge H S Sharma remanded Dev to the custody
of National Investigation Agency till October 7 on a plea by
The judge passed the order in an in-camera proceeding,
which was attended only by the accused defence counsel Ravi
Kazi, besides the NIA investigators.
The court turned down Kazi`s opposition to plea by NIA
which had produced him before the court yesterday after
bringing him from Kisthwar in Jammu and Kashmir, where he was
Dev`s co-accused Abid Hussain has already been remanded
to NIA custody till October 5.
Hussain and Dev were brought to Delhi the day before
yesterday following their arrest at Kishtwar. They had
allegedly sent emails to media houses claiming responsibility
for the blast on behalf of banned terror outfit Harkat
- US panel wants Pak on list for religious freedom violations
- Two more days to put out forest fire in Uttarakhand, says Prakash Javadekar
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning