Delhi HC blast: A case of Black Wednesday
New Delhi: Is Wednesday becoming the next
preferred day for terrorists after `Black Friday`?
Today`s blast outside the Delhi High Court, which caused
heavy casualties, comes three months after a low intensity
blast that took place at the same place on May 25, also a
Even the serial blasts in Mumbai on July 13, which killed
18 people and injured 141, also occurred on Wednesday.
The 26/11 terror strikes, which is considered one of the
biggest attacks in the country, in 2008 had also taken place
on a Wednesday.
Though there is no proof that there is a connection
between all these blasts which are taking place on Wednesdays,
a growing feeling is that it might be next preferred day for
terrorists after Friday.
Several major terror attacks had taken place in the
country on Fridays including the Mumbai serial blasts in 1993,
blasts at Jama Masjid in Delhi in 2006 and the explosion in
Mecca Masjid in Hyderabad in 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail