Delhi HC blast accused killed in J&K encounter
Srinagar: Security forces on Monday gunned down a terrorist - wanted in connection with the Delhi High Court blast – in an encounter in Jammu and Kashmir.
The encounter took place in Kishtwar district of the state. Of the two who were gunned down, one has been identified as Akram alias Amir. He is sad to be a key associate of the Hizbul Mujahideen and had an award of Rs 10 lakh on his head.
The other militant killed has been identified as Shafiq Ajam.
They were gunned by a joint team of J&K Police and Indian Army. As per reports, the operation is continuing as forces believe that tow more militants are holed up in the jungle’s near the encounter site.
A huge quantity of arms and explosives has been recovered from the dead militants.
More details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test