Delhi HC blast accused killed in J&K encounter
Srinagar: Security forces on Monday gunned down a terrorist - wanted in connection with the Delhi High Court blast – in an encounter in Jammu and Kashmir.
The encounter took place in Kishtwar district of the state. Of the two who were gunned down, one has been identified as Akram alias Amir. He is sad to be a key associate of the Hizbul Mujahideen and had an award of Rs 10 lakh on his head.
The other militant killed has been identified as Shafiq Ajam.
They were gunned by a joint team of J&K Police and Indian Army. As per reports, the operation is continuing as forces believe that tow more militants are holed up in the jungle’s near the encounter site.
A huge quantity of arms and explosives has been recovered from the dead militants.
More details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak