Delhi HC blast accused killed in J&K encounter
Srinagar: Security forces on Monday gunned down a terrorist - wanted in connection with the Delhi High Court blast – in an encounter in Jammu and Kashmir.
The encounter took place in Kishtwar district of the state. Of the two who were gunned down, one has been identified as Akram alias Amir. He is sad to be a key associate of the Hizbul Mujahideen and had an award of Rs 10 lakh on his head.
The other militant killed has been identified as Shafiq Ajam.
They were gunned by a joint team of J&K Police and Indian Army. As per reports, the operation is continuing as forces believe that tow more militants are holed up in the jungle’s near the encounter site.
A huge quantity of arms and explosives has been recovered from the dead militants.
More details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?