Delhi HC blast accused sent to Tihar till Oct 7
New Delhi: Jammu and Kashmir native Abid
Hussain, arrested for his alleged role in the September 7 bomb
blast in the Delhi High Court premises, was today sent to
Tihar Jail with a city court remanding him in judicial custody
till October 7.
Special NIA Judge H S Sharma remanded Hussain in judicial
custody as National Investigation Agency (NIA) sleuths, while
producing him before the court after expiry of his police
custody tenure, told the judge that he was no longer required
for custodial interrogation.
In an in-camera proceeding, the NIA also made a plea to
the court for recording of Hussain`s statement separately
before a magistrate under section 164 of the Criminal
Procedure Code. The court kept the plea pending for a decision
on it later, court sources said.
During the proceedings, Hussain told the court that he
does not need the services of any lawyer in the case, the
On doubts over his date of birth, Hussain told the court
that he was not a juvenile as he was born in 1994 and that his
official records did not carry his actual date of birth.
The court sources added Hussain also told the judge that
he is not sure of the date and month of his birth. The judge,
however, sent him to judicial custody for two days.
Hussain also told the court that he had not been in touch
with his family members since long.
Hussain, who is said to be a student of Islamia Faridia
Higher Secondary School at Kishtwar, was arrested on September
13 for allegedly sending a terror mail to media houses
claiming responsibility for the September 7 blast at the high
court that killed 15 people and left over 70 others injured.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Japan gives up on failed black hole research satellite
- Notice issued to Priyanka Gandhi Vadra over her land deal in Shimla
- PM Modi tests performance of BJP MPs on social media; Sushma Swaraj emerges star performer
- CAD to widen to $25 billion in FY17 on surge in gold imports, sluggish exports: Report
- Govt to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on Friday