Delhi HC blast accused sent to Tihar till Oct 7
New Delhi: Jammu and Kashmir native Abid
Hussain, arrested for his alleged role in the September 7 bomb
blast in the Delhi High Court premises, was today sent to
Tihar Jail with a city court remanding him in judicial custody
till October 7.
Special NIA Judge H S Sharma remanded Hussain in judicial
custody as National Investigation Agency (NIA) sleuths, while
producing him before the court after expiry of his police
custody tenure, told the judge that he was no longer required
for custodial interrogation.
In an in-camera proceeding, the NIA also made a plea to
the court for recording of Hussain`s statement separately
before a magistrate under section 164 of the Criminal
Procedure Code. The court kept the plea pending for a decision
on it later, court sources said.
During the proceedings, Hussain told the court that he
does not need the services of any lawyer in the case, the
On doubts over his date of birth, Hussain told the court
that he was not a juvenile as he was born in 1994 and that his
official records did not carry his actual date of birth.
The court sources added Hussain also told the judge that
he is not sure of the date and month of his birth. The judge,
however, sent him to judicial custody for two days.
Hussain also told the court that he had not been in touch
with his family members since long.
Hussain, who is said to be a student of Islamia Faridia
Higher Secondary School at Kishtwar, was arrested on September
13 for allegedly sending a terror mail to media houses
claiming responsibility for the September 7 blast at the high
court that killed 15 people and left over 70 others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!