Delhi HC blast: Charges against Malik to be framed today
New Delhi: A Delhi court will formally frame charges against Wasim Akram Malik, an accused in the September 7, 2011 Delhi High Court blast on Monday.
While dropping the charge of stringent penal offence of waging war against India on September 4, District Judge HS Sharma had decided to frame charges of various other offences under the Indian Penal Code, the Explosive Substance Act and the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act against Malik.
The court had declined the NIA`s plea to prosecute Malik for the offence of waging war against India saying that merely because an e-mail referring to the release of Parliament attack case convict Afzal Guru was sent by accused after the blast, it does not mean that an offence against the state was committed.
It had decided to frame charges for offences punishable under Section 120-B (criminal conspiracy), 440 (mischief committed after preparation made for causing death or hurt), 436 (mischief by fire or explosive substance), 302 (murder), 307 (attempt to murder), 323 (causing hurt) and 325 (voluntarily causing grievous hurt) of the IPC against Malik.
It had also decided to frame charges under various sections of the Explosive Substance Act and the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act against Malik after finding prima facie evidence of his role.
In the September 7, 2011 terror attack at the high court`s reception, 15 people were killed and 79 others were injured.
(With PTI Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- After IITs, HRD Ministry hikes fees in NITs, IISERs
- Was Test captain Virat Kohli overruled by BCCI, CAC in India coach appointment?
- Swami Prasad Maurya is a traitor: Mayawati
- Gold slips from 26-month high, down Rs 485 on fall in demand
- Watch this video! Your stomach will churn as man puts 2 live vampire bats in mouth