Delhi HC blast: Home Secretary confirms arrests
New Delhi: Union Home Secretary RK Singh said on Wednesday that the probe into the Delhi High Court is "progressing" and confirmed that some suspects have been arrests from Jammu and Kashmir.
Speaking to reporters, Singh said, “"We have clues. There is progress also. But we do not
want to disclose whatever progress we have made as it will
hamper the investigation.” He however did not elaborate on the direction of the probe.
When questioned about media reports about the busting of a terror module in Kishtwar in Jammu and Kashmir, Singh said, "Some people have been arrested and they are being
Meanwhile, a news agency has claimed that two men have been arrested from Kishtwar and has identified them as Abid and Sharik.
They have been arrested for sending emails shortly after the Delhi
High Court blasts.
The probe is being headed by the National Investigation Agency (NIA), assisted by Delhi Police.
The NIA had yesterday raised the reward money from Rs
five lakh to Rs 10 lakh for anybody giving information about
the perpetrators of the blast.
The blast that took place outside Gate No 5 of the Delhi High Court last Wednesday killed 13 people and injured over 90.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video