Delhi HC blast: Man who sent 3rd e-mail arrested
A man has been arrested for sending the email threatening of a bomb blast in the city after the Delhi blast, police said.
Ahmedabad: A man has been arrested for
sending the email threatening of a bomb blast in the city
after the Delhi blast, police said here on Monday.
Manu Oza, the arrested man, allegedly sent the email to
the Delhi police immediately after the blast outside the Delhi
High court on September 7. He had used the name of a
most-wanted terrorist from US agency FBI`s list.
"Oza (23), a resident of the Ghodasar area of the city,
was arrested from Patan district yesterday where he had been
staying with friends for the last five months rpt months,"
city Police Commissioner S K Sinha told mediapersons.
In the email, Oza had claimed the responsibility for the
blast in Delhi, identifying himself as `Ali Saed El-Hoorie, a
member of the Indian Mujahideen (IM)`, Sinha said. The email
was sent using a proxy server in Moscow.
Oza`s was the third email to be received by Delhi police
regarding the blast, of the total four.
Oza had said in the email, in coded language, that next
target would be Ahmedabad, which led to massive security
Union Home Minister P Chidambaram had said then that the
mail seemed to be sent by an amateur, as the numerical code
used in it was very simple.
"The email was sent with the intention to strike terror
and create an atmosphere of fear.... Oza has been arrested
under section 66 (F) of the Information Technology Act which
carries maximum punishment of life imprisonment," Sinha said.
The Police Commissioner said that Ali Saed El-Hoorie,
whose name Oza used, was on top of most-wanted list of the
FBI. "Hoorie has a reward of USD 5 million on his head," he