Delhi HC blast: NIA detains HuJI operative
Jammu: Two more people have been detained in connection with Delhi High Court blast case in Kishtwar area of Jammu region who had allegedly prepared and handed over the terror e-mail three day prior to September seven terror strike to two high-school children, already arrested by the NIA.
Official sources said that -- Aamir Abas and Hilal Amin -- suspected overground workers of Harkat-ul-Jehadi Islami (HuJI), had been detained and were being subjected to intense questioning by sleuths of various security agencies.
Though earlier it was stated that the two had been arrested, but later it was clarified that the duo were still under detention.
At a hurriedly called press conference late in the night, NIA chief SC Sinha said the issue of Delhi High Court blast is very delicately poised.
"Publication of any information regarding this will have an extremely adverse effect on the future course of investigations. Whatever appeared in media regarding the course of investigation is speculative in nature and is denied," he said.
While Abas is accused of handing over draft mail three days before the blast to two high school children – Shariq Ahmed and Abid Hussain, Amin had allegedly helped in drafting the e-mail that was sent to media houses two hours after the blast on September 07, say sources.
The detention of the duo believed to belong to the HuJI and who allegedly lured the two boys to send the terror mail came eight days after the blast that has left 14 dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow